Sunday, August 12, 2007

ELECT(ABILITY)?



















I'm obviously pretty liberal, if not all the way. I don't hide that; and I'm quite proud. But I NEVER use that fact as basis for debate. This label is NOT fact; it's ideology/philosophy. I didn't claim the label and mold myself to its characteristics. I "just happen" to qualify within this label. I don't think anyone else should use their label, party, club, or any other demographic to think for THEM. I'm a Republican, so I think this way; I'm democrat, so I feel this way. That's lazy! Drop the label and THINK FOR YOURSELF.

I understand this isn't an easy task when it come to these candidates running for president. They started this race WAY too soon, but it has started, so we have to pay attention. This will be one of many REALITY CHECK-IN'S leading up to the election. Something very important for all to remember is don't filter your information. It's just as bad not to hear the other side's views than it is to have those views. Ignorance is not very effective in debate. This is something I definitely have to work on. As much as it may hurt, all parties involved must be given equal time. I fell for the "just vote Democrat" trick last November. I learned from that mistake.

The "Don't know what you got till it's gone" theory has resonated in America the last 5 years, resulting in a new movement of concerned Americans that want to do something but know not what to do. I know this because I have witnessed and promoted it. There is a lot of new people paying more attention to politics that didn't as little as 6 months ago. I want to make this a forum where ANY question or view may be expressed with the intent of teaching or learning. Regardless of you current views, we all could use a better understanding of A LOT more. Although bad things seem to be happening everyday, the early start of the campaigns gives us plenty of time to educate ourselves and make the most informed decision we can.

..>..>






My current favorite is DENNIS KUCINICH. He seems to reflect MY views the most. For the most part, I think he would align pretty close to perfectly with the "democratic base." But his ELECT(ABILITY) is being called into question. I don't understand why. I understand that MONEY has the most to do with it. That will have a serious effect on the "lower-tier" candidates because of the early start. I'm sure that's no coincidence, especially after Hillary and Edwards GOT CAUGHT undermining and plotting against the lower(financial)-tier candidates. I say financial because that doesn't necessarily parallel the intellectual. It's an ADVERTISING campaign. It's like Ronald McDonald against "Hector" from Hector's Tacos who drives his restaurant around town. People buy from Hector because the substance that comes along with him. The aroma (of the tacos, not his busted exhaust), the art, the personality, the intent, etc. People buy from Ronald because of subliminal programming in ads and the access to him. Point being, don't let advertising make up your mind for you.

If elect(ability) is whether I want to HAVE A BEER with the candidate or not, we have to take a hard look at what that got us the last two elections. Elect(ability) should not be dictated to us through the media. "Hillary Clinton and Barak Obama are the leaders in the race" OVER AND OVER AND OVER... They're the leaders because they raised the most money. WHO contributes to a candidates campaign is more telling than the words coming out of their mouths. People (or corporations) do not kindly contribute money; they expect SOMETHING in return. People expect the candidates to follow through on their promises; Corporations expect legislation to further their profits.

Truth is short, direct and to the point. Remember that while watching these debates. We know the time is not equally given by the media. That allows those the furthest from the truth to weave their webs, while the candidates given less time need to be as effective as possible in a smaller time space. The shortest and most effective speak is truth because it doesn't require remembering your previous lies. Truth is ALWAYS truth.

HELP ME (AND OTHERS) OUT. WHO DO YOU CURRENTLY SUPPORT AND WHY?

No comments:

Post a Comment