Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Courage

In Europe and America they came for the Communists
and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Communist.
Then they came for the Roma,
and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Roma.
Then they came for the Jews,
and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Jew.
Then they came for the Negros,
and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Negro.
Then they came for the Asians
and I didn't speak up because I wasn't an Asian.
Then they came for the Arabs & the Muslims,
and I didn't speak up because I wasn't an Arab or a Muslim.
Then they came for the trade unionists,
and I didn't speak up because I wasn't in a union.
Then they came for the Catholics,
and I didn't speak up because I was a Protestant
Then they came for the asylum-seekers,
and I didn't speak up because I wasn't an asylum-seeker.
Then they came for me,
and by that time no one was left to speak up.
-Pastor Martin Niemoller

Courage means many things to many people. Some people don't even have their own definition of courage; they just relate it to acts done by others. We don't like to feel uncomfortable; and to me, that's the only time you can exercise your own courage. You can't truly be comfortable without the affects of courage, either your own or someone else's. Courage comes BEFORE comfort. It's not easy by any means. That's why so many around the world live oppressed. Even though their lives are horribly uncomfortable, it's easier to remain as they are than to build up the courage to incite change. And as hard as that may be to comprehend for Americans, it may be THEIR best choice. But it's not for us! Others may know nothing else, even outside of their situation. May it be their government, social structure, economy, natural resources, or any other of countless perceptions/realities that keep them "in their place." And I can understand THAT. But I cannot understand how people (especially Americans) can idly stand by while everything they claim to love and hold so dear quietly diminishes.

I've used the term APATHY more in the last six months than I have the other 32.5 years of my existence here on earth. And I'm not using it just because I learned a new word. It's true. AMERICANS DO NOT CARE! At least not enough do. I believe the MAJORITY are so used to depending on "someone else" to fight for them, to stand up for them, to exercise THEIR Constitutional responsibilities for them, (and the list goes on and on), that they now believe that this is THE WAY. IT'S NOT! We, as a culture, love to point the finger, so we don't have to be held accountable for OUR actions (or more times than not our INACTIONS.) This mindset of "one person can't make a difference" is COMPLETELY untrue and is a result of brainwashing. For people as a whole to accomplish anything, it starts with the individual. It's rather simple. But unfortunately, not as simple as our current mindset of sitting on the couch, complaining and watching brain-mushing reality TV. THINK! It's what separates you from your family DOG!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Whew...not that I got that out...from where did it come? Amongst all the other issues causing my frustration, these two stories really sent me over the edge this week. Firstly, my ex-governor and Secretary (CEO) of Homeland Security (Inc.) admitted to falsely elevating the terrorist threat levels. This is abuse of this system for political gain. For those like me who never paid any attention to this system, it may not seem like that big of a deal. But I am amongst a very small (but growing) minority. And to those who may not be as "informed" as I, this will make them grab their water and duct tape and await the president's instructions. And (very) coincidentally it happens around election time.

Secondly, former US Surgeon General Richard Carmona admits to being censored by the administration. Absolutely disgusting! And if burying ANYTHING to do with science isn't bad enough, he was also told to include the president's name THREE TIMES ON EACH PAGE on any report he was able to complete. What! How arrogant! Remind you of anyone?
And the icing on the cake was that Carmona was forbidden to attend the Special Olympics because of the affiliation with the Kennedy's. And they didn't want to support that.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

It's TIME! Everyone needs to take personal responsibility. Hold yourself accountable first. Then, do your part to inform those that have fallen VICTIM to the propaganda. And yes, it is PROPAGANDA! That is not a Nazi term. Although they used it to perfection, they didn't invent it. And it's not just posters anymore. TV is 98% propaganda. Don't be foolish. The marketing and public relation firms are now nothing but psychologists holding the carrot in front of the ASS (or horse if you prefer.)

The election will be here in no time, and the spin-meisters are gearing up to scare the HELL out of the uninformed. We've seen what happens when we sit back and HOPE our government will act with integrity. Bury your doubts and prepare to fight for what you believe in. Know what you believe in! It will take COURAGE, but you are not alone.

P.L.U.R,
zAy

1 comment:

  1. This is so true and a lot of people don't realize it... everyone is basically sitting around waiting for someone else to do something and NOTHING is getting done! I couldn't have said it better! Thanks! ~Elise

    ReplyDelete