Tuesday, October 2, 2007

"THE MIRROR"

As beautiful as you sometimes may be
Lately, you've been pretty scary to me
And others. From some of the hardest brothers
To wrangler-wearing honkeys.
From Ese's to Pilipino,
ALL potential monkeys.

To be thrown in a cage,
No reason, just rage.
Inside YOU is the answer; Truth hurts sometimes.
Still selling dimes or writing rhymes?
It's your time to step up; it's finally arrived.
Test of a lifetime; For the future of all children, yours and mine.

70-plus hours, 7 days a week.
Such a perfect technique
To keep the giant asleep.
Dreaming the American Dream,
"I need stuff!"
That means more hours, but your family's tough.

Your country of laws is reflecting its flaws
While you deny your responsibility to fix it.
Born to be free, dues paid for a minute.
Get in it; participate or watch it diminish.
No more shaking your head in frustration
Action is needed to avoid subjugation.

Dear mirror, I need you to shun me away.
I do my best work without you, I must say.
Although looking at you sobers me much,
You also inspire very deeply, I'm touched.
You've provided the question for me to answer.
I'll stand up for my freedom, so others have the chance for.






No comments:

Post a Comment