Wednesday, October 3, 2007

"HOPE'S TIME GONE"

Back when hope was here, it was alright to be queer,
Or nowhere near your ethics.
Back when hope was here, it shoulda been so clear,
We needed to adjust our methods
Of expressing ourselves, empowering others.
Instead of video games, which don't make proud mothers,

War games on the street, not to mention the schools
Can't learn what they teach, frustration just brewed.
Hope was so strong; without words, such support.
Looking for fellowship; found it in sport.
Hope coached me, taught me, and kept me honest.
Taught me what's temporary; beauty is modest.

Hope was always on sale; no coupon ever needed.
Taken for granted like water; especially while weeded.
Hope was not timeless; as I've recently learned.
Tried to share what I knew with others; they turned
Their ears, while my tears doused the ignorance burned
Into the minds of my friends, my brothers, my sisters

Pissed her off a couple times with uncomfortable truths
Rather root for the Eagles, BBQ, and sip booze.
So many ways to leave this world for a minute or permanent,
But it's so hard to stand up and ensure you determine it.
Hope was Truth's best friend; a very important requirement
Hopeless orphans of the world, this is more than just retirement.

No comments:

Post a Comment