Saturday, July 25, 2009

BUDGET HOSTAGE: DAY 25: THE STATE'S RESPONSE

OK, so I've been spending most of my time reading and doing. Making it impossible to actually sit down and write anything. Out of necessity, the time has come for me to write again. Or else, my head is going to explode.

I'm also beginning to write down what has happened because it is now EVIDENCE in a federal investigation. Since we already have the USDOL's attention, why not take a look at working conditions too.





07.24.2009 USDOL Response to Payroll Records

The letter above is consistent with the governor's interpretation of last year's Commonwealth Court ruling throughout this whole debacle. On 7/17, the governor said "I wish the law wasn't the law." I would feel the same way when I realized that I broke it.

I will never forget July 2009. It has been a month like no other. A true struggle and a call of spirit. I've learned a lot about the law, unions, worker's rights, politics, etc. I've made contact with a lot of great people, who I hope to continue in the fight that workers(and all humans) face. And sadly, a lot of those same people are now just realizing it exists.

Two sources specifically I would like to give a special thanks to are:

Floor9

Nana's House

They've taught me much, and I've never even met them.

1 comment:

  1. You're most welcome! It's been a pleasure getting to know you. Lancaster and Allentown aren't so far away...next time I'm coming to your end of the world we can meet up! Stand tall! Robin (Nana)

    ReplyDelete