Sunday, April 22, 2007

ImUs & hIp hOp!








Good morning beautiful people! I hope everyone who knows the significance of 4:20 enjoyed themselves Friday night. Today's rambling is gonna be a little tough for some ears. So don't say this out loud, and you should still be safe. If you read my last blog, this one kinda pIggY-bAcks off the RACE discussion. And what really got me thinking more intensely about this is the RIDICULOUS amount of coverage by ABC, CBS, NBC, FOX the last 2 weeks of Imus and the V. Tech mAssAcrE!

I can't even front, this guy ImUs, I stereotyped him from the gate! I don't know if it's just me, but pretty much ANY whItE dUdE thAt OpEnlY wEArs A cOwbOy hAt is racist until proven otherwise. The ONLY exception to this rule is if the dude actually awakens when he hears cOck-A-dOOdlE-dOO, milks the cOws, then is outside in the sun the rest of the day rustlin' cattle or whatever. That would make sense to me; the hat is practical and serves a purpose; keeps the sun OFF your face and neck. Imus, on the other hand, wears his cOwbOY hAt to HIDE his red neck, not to prevent it.

Now that you know my stance on him, we can move on to the REAL issue I have with the coverage of this most recent dIstrActIOn. SOMEHOW, the discussion got to the point of this crazy dOUblE stAndArd jIvE! We ALL know the biggest prerequisite for reporting the news is to sOUnd As whItE As pOssIblE! Ask the Gumble's... And to hear these guys say If rAppErs sAy hOE, nIggA, bItch, Etc., thEn whY cAn't ImUs? makes me sick. It's crazy!!!

OK, I know some of you might not be agreeing with me right now. Like, what the hell is this guy talking about? Well, if you're feeling like that right now, let me explain where I'm coming from...

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

HIP HOP IS A CULTURE that has evolved through the lessons learned by inner-city (mostly Black & Hispanic) poor folk after the CIVIL RIGHTS MOVEMENT OF THE 60'S Hip Hop, to me, is the result of how these people decided to live their lives after evaluating WHAT THEY HAD ACCOMPLISHED versus WHAT THEY HAD SACRIFICED in the previous 10 years.

Without a doubt, huge LEGAL strides were made (in some areas) for non-whites' civil liberties as a result of the sacrifices made/dues paid in the 60's. But something even more important than that manifested as a result; that would be to realize the POWER words really have, and how they can mentally enslave you if you're not aware of them. I'd be willing to bet that if I had .0000001 cent for every time a White person called a Black person NIGGER out of pure hatred/ignorance in the 60's, I'd be richer than Bill Gates. What's the point? It's that if you've only ever heard a word used out of negativity, then it becomes negative--and you can only imagine how many times that multiplies when the word is used to attack you, or used to let you know YOU ARE INFERIOR.

So what happens is that Blacks reverse the energy of the negative words into positive energy. That's why RAPPERS use words that Imus cannot. When words are said by a rapper, they're speaking from within Hip Hop Culture--where words have different meanings to different people. Imus will never OVERSTAND that. And by putting these words to music, it empowers them that much more. I might've lost some of ya'll on this one, so if you're lost, ask a question...

I can't believe these guys are trying to argue/debate from the angle of not being equal in some way, when they've been (unknowingly?) reaping the benefits of the WHITE PRIVILEGE seed that was planted for them when the first WASP's arrived and started killing off the rEd mAn These same reporters will NEVER do a story like why did GEORGE W BUSH make it to Virginia Tech the day after the massacre, BUT didn't make it to n'AwlIns fOr wEEks AftEr kAtrInA







Well, I gotta wrap this up prematurely, because MySpace is acting funny right now, and I don't wanna lose any of this.

I guess the moral of the story is DON'T DISCRIMINATE BLINDLY; DO YOUR RESEARCH AND PRACTICE EDUCATED DISCRIMINATION!!!

P.L.U.R.,
zAy

2 comments:

  1. Nice And Informative Website. Please Keep Continue Such Kind Of Effort.
    Mens Leather Caps

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for sharing such a great information.
    Shop Real Leather Jacket Outfits Men's and Women's
    Leather Jacket Outfits introduce top trendy leather clothing store for leather lovers. We provide best quality mens leather jackets, womens leather jackets, biker jackets, bomber jackets, and shearling jackets & coats for mens & womens.
    Mens Aviator Jackets

    ReplyDelete