Thursday, September 13, 2007

AnImAl wrOngs ActIvIst!















DOGS ARE NOT PEOPLE! Before I go any further, I'd just like to make sure we agree on this fact. OK, good. In no way am I saying that Mike Vick's time does not fit his crime. It's the reactions OUTSIDE the law that I question.

Let's put this into perspective. Puppies are cute, I agree. But they're MFers when they shit on the carpet. They're companions, pets, ANIMALS. You don't give birth to them; they don't choose YOU. You buy them, kinda like slaves. You cross-breed them, tie them to a tree, keep them in cages, in the house. I've never seen a WILD DOG, wearing sweaters, being carried in purses, or INHERITING $12 MILLION. I know people LOVE the unconditional love that dogs provide, but that doesn't warrant them HUMAN status.

To all OFFENDED by the Mike Vick case, I question your views. Recently, I've had many conversations with people about this topic. And my favorite dialogue is with the UFC FANS. It bewilders me how these folks can have such strong emotional feelings about what MV did (that they didn't even see), and then PAY $50 to watch PEOPLE beat the living shit out of themselves. There is a common theme though amongst the UFCers. It's that the dogs don't have a choice. It seems very selective to me because when I ask if MV would've just punched them in the face or choked them till they tap out, I'm told "that's not what he did."

What about GREYHOUNDS? Their abuse is decades old, but I guess if YOU can win a couple dollars of of them, it's OK. It's even exploited through advertising. I guess the subliminal message is that the GREYHOUND BUS will be fast. In reality, it's the irony of the seat size, which represents the greyhound's living space. You'd run fast too if you lived in a 3X5 cage when you didn't. Been going on for years with no outcry. So when a Black guys gets caught doing it, it IS a racial issue. I'm sorry, but SAYING you don't want everything to be about race, doesn't make things NOT about race. It can't intellectually be disregarded.

I believe animals should be treated humanely, but never better than a human. It offends ME when I see TV footage of animals being rescued after KATRINA, while PEOPLE were left behind. That is unacceptable to me. I'm offended when Leona Helmsley leaves $12 million to a dog, when she could've donated that money to people who NEED it. Or at least the two grandkids that got NOTHING.

And it seems to be exclusively with dogs. This borderline citizenship. Because alligators, crocodiles, coyotes, wolves, bears, snakes definitely do not get such love. WE tear down their habitat, build homes where they used to hunt, and kill them when they're even SEEN. If you build a home on the outskirts of the everglades, you have to AT LEAST be aware that a kid getting eaten unattended in the back yard is a possibility. And the poor BULLS. This really strikes a chord with me because I've been to a live bullfight in Spain, and it really made me think about what I can accept as entertainment (or even tradition.)

I WITNESSED THIS!

I made it through 2 of 5 fights. I couldn't handle it. For those who've never had the experience, this is not the courageous matador vs. el torro. The bull is chased and speared by 4-5 men on horses until it's ready to fall over. Then this guy comes out with his towel, the bull is forced "with a gun to his head" to run through it. The grand finale is the execution by sword. Not what I thought before witnessing.

I do have a point. It's that HORRIBLE things are happening to PEOPLE everyday, and little seem to care. But when this dog fighting incident first came to light back in April, it caught on fire. Doesn't it seem a little odd how fast this case has moved from beginning to the end? R Kelly is still on the loose for God's sake! I love and enjoy animals as much as the next guy, but I love them for what they are--ANIMALS. If people legitimately want to stand for animal rights, I think they should have more focus on the food we EAT. Or maybe HONEY BEES? There are MANY much more important issues that we need to use our energy for.

"CAN'T WE ALL JUST GET ALONG?"

No comments:

Post a Comment