Thursday, June 7, 2007

1st AmEndmEnt!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

"THERE IS NO EXPRESS GRANT OF HABEAS IN THE CONSTITUTION; THERE'S A PROHIBITION AGAINST TAKING IT AWAY" -Attorney General, Alberto Gonzales - January 18, 2007 WOW!!! Now, I'm not gonna kid MYSELF and tell you I know the intricacies of Constitutional Law, BUT it seems to me that if the Constitution states you can't take it away that it's to be assumed that you got IT! Americans...that's your countries TOP lawyer! Congratulations!!! So let's talk a little law...

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


And I'm sure we all recognize this fine piece of literature as the 1st Amendment...*applause*...when it comes to FREEDOM, this is a trandscending document--almost holy. And if you really think about it, RELIGION, SPEECH, PRESS, PEACEFUL ASSEMBLY, & PETITION are all freedoms WE probably take for granted at times. But people from all around the world are risking their lives RIGHT NOW to get here for a chance to live under this law. It's a BEAUTIFUL THANG! The freedoms that is. It's quite amazing. People will jump in an inner tube or rowboat just to get here. And they have no guarantee of entry when, and if, they arrive here. Just ask Mr. Bush about the HAITIANS! EITHER ONE!

I understand that ALL of these freedoms are integral parts of the makeup of our nation, but I want to focus on the right to ASSEMBLE PEACEFULLY. Why that one? Because on June 26, my SIGNIFICANT OTHER and I are heading to Washington, DC for the DAY OF ACTION! This will be both of our FIRST (of many) protests, and I can't wait. This is also our first step in ACCEPTING RESPONSIBILITY for our democracy. I'll definitely have pics!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

And this guy is my main motivation. Of all the BS that is making me sick and cynical at the same time, this is closest to my heart. PEOPLE, without Habeas Corpus, NOTHING ELSE MATTERS! It's irrational; and will change (for the worst) this country FOREVER! Imagine being detained/arrested on someone else's WORD! You get NO say. It is what it is. UNLESS we do something about it! It's our time to shine; our part of history is being written RIGHT NOW! And the Constitution JUSTIFIES REVOLUTION! Remember JUSTICE?

Since I started with a quote, I'll end with one. From my all time favorite movie, Do the Right Thing, DJ Mister Senor Love Daddy (Samuel L): WAKE UP!

No comments:

Post a Comment